Web Jive - The Buzz on Web Development

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Gears of War Trailer

I'm not sure if I would classify myself as a "gamer", but I recently saw a trailer on TV for the new XBOX 360 game Gears of War and loved it. The part that stuck out for me is that it wasn't just another commercial - it was remarkable and compelling in every way. Not only did I love this commercial but I had to find it on the internet and watch it 3 more times. The brilliance and creativity that went into this trailer is like nothing I've ever seen. The music was chosen perfectly and in 1 minute of time a story is told that intrigues anyone who watches. While I have no idea if the game is truly worth the hype, I have no problem admitting that I am now compelled to buy an XBOX 360 and Gears of War. The amazing part is that I know I'm not alone on this either...case in point - the music used ("Mad World" by Michael Andrews) has jumped into the top 10 songs on itunes within the last two days...it came out 6 years ago. Need more evidence? Gears of War has now become the fastest selling 360 game ever. If I wasn't a "gamer" before, maybe I am now. Check it out: Gears of War Trailer (HD)

2 Comments:

  • Mad World is originally by Tears for Fears. This recording was done by Michael Andrews and the lyrics are sung by Gary Jules. It was recorded in 2001 for the film Donnie Darko.

    Gears of War also replaced long-standing Halo 2 as the top Xbox Live game.

    It's one of the most cinematic game trailers I've ever seen, which paves the way for the "movie" feel of the game.

    Plus it comes at a good time, when Microsoft is trying to grab attention back from the PS3 and the Wii.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

  • Nice catch, colin. I stand corrected.

    By Blogger JonnyT, at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home