Getting Video off of YouTube
I had to go through the process recently of trying to figure out how to download video from You Tube for a video my brother was putting together. A process like this can sometimes be difficult since you don't know what to download and what's going to install spyware on your computer. So here's a sure-fire way to download video off of YouTube.So, here's the process for taking video off of YouTube:
- Download and Install the Riva FLV Encoder here - http://www.download.com/Riva-FLV-Encoder/3000-2140-10320097.html
- Copy the URL of the You Tube Video you'd like to download (ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2kJZOfq7zk)
- Go to Video Downloader here - http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
- Paste the You Tube Video URL in the textbox
- Select "You Tube" from the dropdown
- Click "Download"
- While still in Video Downloader, select "Download Link"
- Click "Save"
- Be sure name the file with the .flv extension (ex: mymovie.flv)
- Next, open Riva FLV Encoder
- For the "Input Video", select browse to find the flv file (mymovie.flv)
- Select the proper "Output Directory" for where you want the file to end up.
- In the "Destination video file" box, change the extension to the file you'd like to covert it to (ex: mymovie.flv to mymovie.mpeg)
- Finally, click the "Encode" button (this process may take a couple of minutes depending on the file size)
And there you go! YouTube video at your disposal.